SpareTime Scrapbooker

Kirks Folly Design, Scrapbooking, RSD, CRPS, Family and Pets

Monday, October 16, 2006

Life as a Multi-tasking Mom!



Photos: Max & me, Bear (Bottom) Kate (Top), Sleeping Fairy Ari





Mom, pet owner, medical transcriptionist, novice small business owner, and jewelry fanatic... there aren't enough hours in the day!

I'm a 45-years-young Mom of 2 kids and 2 stepkids. My immediate family also includes 3 beloved cats - Bear, Kate, and Max. I have 2 dogs, a greyhound named Ultra and a black lab who is called Cricket.

My daughter, Arielle, is a gymnast so the fall is spent travelling to competitions. My son Adam is 21 and a college student. I sell Kirks Folly jewelry from home (kirksfollydesign.net/Jennie) and love the fantasy/fairy theme. I have just begun a scrapbooking service in my "SpareTime" ! HAH! I guess that is a play on words, because I really have none. I work full time as a medical transcriptionist for a local hospital system and am fortunate enough to do this from home.

You see, I have a neurologic disease called RSD (reflex sympathetc dystrophy) in which the nerves misfire and send constant pain signals to the brain. It currently is affecting my legs. The good thing is that this syndrome has slowed me down enough to force me to go back to my first love of art, photography, crafting, and a serious addiction to jewelry. I even decorated my air-brace with my cat's paw sticking out of it!

I also get to spend a lot of time with my beloved pets! My husband says they are all weird, and he is right!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ButtercupElffly said...

Hi MM-MoM, I love your photo's I can not take credit for my blog page as I followed in whichys foot steps...:-) I wish I new you sold KF I would of tried to get my boo baby from YOU!!! Drat!!

Bee

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

Bee, you can always see my stuff at www.kirksfollydesign.net/Jennie

check out the excellent holiday items!!

MermaidMom

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, mermaidmom:
Your furbababies are simply adorable!!!!
Bratcat

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home